Holly, a white person in their early twenties with shoulder length red hair. She is looking to her right with a slight smile and wearing a grey button up with golden paisley designs. The photo is in black and white.

Holly Pylko

Summary

I’ve always been interested in art and art history, but my original career path was in film studies, and the hands-on aspect of that was also important to me. I eventually realized I was much more interested in heritage and cultural studies- which led me to conservation, where my interest in the history and social/cultural context of an object could be used in conjunction with the hands-on part of examination and treatment. 

Career Aspirations 

Currently, I am applying to various master’s programs in conservation and other related fields. I intend to continue pursuing my interests in cultural heritage, art history, and archaeology through further education. 

Other Projects

During first year, I participated in student excavations at the Riseholme campus, in between a Roman burial mound and abandoned medieval village. This was a great introduction to archaeological processes and field work, and definitely contributed to my interest in archaeology. 

Exhibition Objects

Click on the image to learn more.