Giorgia a white woman in early thirties person with long dark hair smiling at the camera, wearing a black shirt. The photo is in black and white.

Giorgia Cipollone

Summary

Growing up in a historical building, art has always been an integral part of my life. Surrounded by neighbours who were skilled in painting conservation and craftsmanship, I was immersed in a world where the preservation of art and cultural artefacts was deeply valued.

My conservation journey officially began in 2017 in London, focusing initially on painting conservation. However, over time, I’ve had the opportunity to work and collaborate with conservation institutions worldwide, including in countries like India, Egypt, and Jordan. These experiences have deepened my passion for archaeology and anthropology, broadening my scope within the field of conservation and heritage practice. I find the intersection of art, history and science to be both magical and deeply meaningful.

Career Aspirations 

My career aspirations are to work as a conservator, specialised in archaeological conservation, and to be able to contribute to projects focused on the safeguarding of marine environments and the preservation of underwater cultural heritage.

Other Projects

During my undergraduate studies, I had the incredible opportunity to immerse myself in the world of commercial conservation. This invaluable experience exposed me to a wide range of conservation practices, including those involving buildings and historical structures. The experience in building conservation was transformative for me, shifting my perspective on conservation practices. Engaging in on-site work revealed to me the dynamic nature of conservation and instilled in me a newfound appreciation for preserving historical treasures in their original settings.

Personal Reflection

The most profound lesson I’ve learned is the importance of understanding myself within a work environment and aligning my career path with my true passions. I’ve come to realise that my heart lies in the archaeological conservation and the underwater cultural heritage. With a fervent passion for scuba diving and a profound connection to the ocean. This newfound direction not only resonates with my personal interests but also reflects my commitment to making a meaningful impact in the field of conservation. 

Exhibition Objects

Click on the image to learn more.