Eloise, a white woman in her late twenties with dark brown hair in two plaits. She is mid-laugh, facing away from the camera and looking to the left. She is wearing a black sweatshirt. The photo is in black and white.

Eloise Pryor

(she/her) 

Summary

I have always loved going to museums, but when I started the degree, I didn’t know anything about what conservation really meant – other than you got to work with a lot of objects. Reflecting now, my favourite part about studying conservation is how many different angles you can approach it from, whether you want to be more scientific/analytical or veer off to curation, the degree really widens your knowledge of so many things for a career in heritage. 

Career Aspirations 

After graduation, I will either stay in education and do a postgraduate course (conservation or librarianship are the current options) or find a job as a collections assistant. I am keen to work with lots of different types of objects before deciding what I want to ‘specialise’ in, so a job working on a little bit of everything would be perfect to start with.  I have liked working with books, paper and parchment in my third year, and I do love the idea of the intersection of conservation within libraries, so a role such as a special collections’ librarian is probably a good career goal for me. But this will probably change in a years’ time.  

Exhibition Objects

Click on the image to learn more.